MP Sub Engineer Practice Set 2020
(1) Choose the most suitable determiner for the given sentence:
You can catch _____ bus from this station to reach your destination, as all buses from here pass through your hometown.
(2) Choose appropriate articles for the given sentence:
Can you switch on _____ light, please? _____ Sun has set and it’s dark inside ____ room.
1. the, The, a
2. the, A, a
3. the, The, the
4. a, The, a
Answer:- the, The, the
(3) Choose the correct adverbial clause for the given sentence:
_____________________, he was making sandwiches.
1. Although we had arrive
2. In spite of arriving
3. When we arrived
4. As we arriving
Answer:- When we arrived
(4) Choose the appropriate prepositions for the given sentence:
____ chasing a bird, the cat jumped _____ the window and landed ____ the soft grass outside.
1. While, through, on
2. On, from, in
3. During, at, on
4. At, along, in
Answer:- While, through, on
(5) Choose the appropriate verb to complete the given sentence:
Can you _____ me the way to the bus stop, please?
(6) Choose appropriate conjunctions for the given sentence:
8) 9) Dad would finish having his soup_____ the rest of his family, ____ he liked to have it hot.
1. whether, for
2. while, so
3. before, after
4. before, because
Answer:- before, because
(7) Choose the option that is appropriate to fill in the blanks in the given sentence:
Teachers have to generally _____ their students so that they ______ well in their studies.
1. motivating, performing
2. motivate, perform
3. motivation, performance
4. motivated, performed
Answer:- motivate, perform
(8) Choose the option that best transforms the sentence into its other voice:
This house is cleaned every day by the cleaning woman.
1. Every day, this house is cleaned.
2. The house is being cleaned by the cleaning woman.
3. The cleaning woman is clean the house every day.
4. The cleaning woman cleans this house every day.
Answer:- The cleaning woman cleans this house every day.
(9) Choose the option that best transforms the sentence into its other voice:
The candidate has written all the answers correctly.
1. Answers are written correctly by the candidate.
2. All the answers were being written correctly by the candidate.
3. All the answers have been written correctly by the candidate.
4. All the answers are being written correctly by the candidate.
Answer:- All the answers have been written correctly by the candidate.
(10) Choose the option that correctly spells the words to be filled in the given sentence:
The _______ of the school said that the boy behaved like an _______.
1. principle, angle
2. principal, angel
3. principal, engle
4. principel, angle
Answer:- principal, angel
(11) Choose the correct form of tense for the given sentence:
In ancient times, hostages _____ as security on a treaty.
1. were taken
2. had taken
3. was being taking
4. are taken
Answer:- were taken
(12) Choose the option that is closest in meaning to the highlighted word in the given sentence:
Naina gets very angry over trivial matters and is unable to control her temper.
(13) Choose the option that best fills in the sentence:
Of the three brothers, Ram is ________.
2. the eldest
3. the older
Answer:- the eldest
MP PEB Group 3 Sub Engineer Syllabus 2020 PDF Download <<Click HERE>>
Also, Read | Get the latest Government Jobs Here