Important River Valley Projects of India
- Bhakra Nangal Project – On Satluj in Punjab. Highest in India. Height 226m. Reservoir is called Gobind Sagar Lake.
- Mandi Project – On Beas in H.P.
- Chambal Valley Project – On Chambal in M.P. and Rajasthan. 3 dams are there: Gandhi Sagar dam, Rana Pratap Sagar dam and Jawahar Sagar dam
- Damodar Valley Project – On Damodar in Jharkhand. Based on Tennessee Valley Project, USA
- Hirakud Project – On Mahanadi in Orissa. World’s longest dam: 4,801m
- Rihand Project – On Son in Mirzapur. Reservoir is called Govind Vallabh Pant Reservoir
- Kosi Project – On Kosi in N. Bihar
- Mayurakshi Project – On Mayurakshi in W.B.
- Kakrapara Project – On Tapi in Gujarat
- Nizamsagar Project – On Manjra in A.P.
- Nagarjuna Sagar Project – On Krishna in A.P.
- Tungabhadra Project – On Tungabhadra in A.P. and Karnataka
- Shivasamudram Project – On Cauvery in Karnataka
- Tata Hydel Scheme – On Bhima in Maharashtra
- Sharavathi Hydel Project – On Jog Falls in Karnataka
- Farakka Project – On Ganga in W.B. Apart from power and irrigation, it helps to remove silt for easy navigation
- Ukai Project – On Tapti in Gujarat
- Mahi Project – On Mahi in Gujarat
- Salal Project – On Chenab in J and K
- Mata Tila Multipurpose Project – On Betwa in U.P. & M.P.
- Thein Project – On Ravi, Punjab
- Pong Dam – On Beas, Punjab
FOR LATEST UPDATE JOIN OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES: